:: Home :
- Lecture 0. (xx/08/17) [Basics of Communications].
- Lecture 1. (xx/08/17) [To be disclosed].
- Lecture 2. (xx/08/17) [To be disclosed].
- Lecture 3. (xx/08/17) [To be disclosed].
- Lecture 4. (xx/08/17) [To be disclosed].
- Lecture 5. (xx/08/17) [To be disclosed].
- Problem Set 1 (due xx/xx/17).
- Problem Set 2 (due xx/xx/17).
- Problem Set 3 (due xx/xx/17).
- An Outline of Physics (Part-IV) - M. Daskhan.
- An Introduction to Physics Applications - Edited by P.N.Ghosh.
- A General Course in Physics : III - A.Lahiri.
- Propagation of electromagnetic waves: Atmosphere, various layers of atmosphere, ground and sky waves.
- Transmission of electromagnetic waves: Amplitude and frequency modulation, calculation of power in
amplitude modulation, sideband generation in frequency modulated wave, demodulation, linear diode detector, detection
of FM waves, signal-to-noise ratio.
- Transmission through media: coaxial cables, optical fibre - cladding, energy loss, band width and channel
capacity, information carrying capacity of lightwaves (qualitative), satellite communication, microwave link - modern