Oscillations and Elasticity
:: Home :
- Lecture 01. [Graphical Representation].
- Lecture 02. [Mechanics of SHM].
- Lecture 03. [Spring, Pendulum, Electrical Systems].
- Lecture 04. [Free Damped Motion].
- Lecture 05. [Quality Factor]
- Lecture 06. [Forced Damped Motion; Resonance].
- Lecture 07. [Laws of Elasticity]
- Lecture 08. [Bending Beam, Twirling Wire]
- Simple Harmonic Motion: Differential equation of SHM and its solutions. Kinetic and Potential Energy,
Total Energy and their time averages. Damped oscillations. Forced Oscillations with harmonic forces. Compound
- (a) Hooke's law - Stress-strain diagram. Elastic moduli-relation between elastic constants - Poisson's
Ratio-Expression for Poisson's ratio in terms of elastic constants.
- (b) Twisting couple on a cylinder - Determination of Rigidity modulus by static torsion. Torsional pendulum.
- (c) Bending of beams.
- (d) Work done in stretching and work done in twisting a wire.
- An Outline of Physics (Part-I) - M. Daskhan.
- The Physics of Waves and Oscillations - N.K.Bajaj.
- Waves, Berkeley Physics Course (Vol. 3) - F.S. Crawford Jr.
- The Physics of Vibrations and Waves - H. J. Pain.
- Vibrations and waves - A. P. French.
- A Treatise on General Properties of Matter - Sengupta Chatterjee.
- General Properties of Matter - D.S. Mathur.