Fluid Motion & Non-Inertial Systems
:: Home :
- Lecture 1. [Streamline & Turbulent Flow]
- Lecture 2. [Poiseuille's Equation]
- Lecture 3. [Stokes Flow]
- Lecture 4. [Inertial Systems]
- Lecture 5. [Uniformly Accelerated System]
- Lecture 6. [EOM in Rotating Frames]
- Lecture 7. [Motion on Earth Surface]
- Lecture 8. [Flow of Dry water]
- Lecture 9. [Euler's equation]
- Lecture 10. [Infamous laws]
- Lecture 11. [Flow of Wet water]
- Fluid Motion:
- Viscosity: Poiseuille's equation for Flow of a viscous Liquid through a
- Kinematics of Moving Fluids: Idea of compressible and incompressible fluids,
Equation of continuity, streamline and turbulent flow, Reynold's number. Euler's Equation. The special case of
fluid statics F = ∇p, Simple applications (e.g: Pascal's law and Archimedes
- Non-inertial Frame:
- Galilean transformations and Galilean invariance.
- Non-inertial frames and idea of fictitious forces:
- E.O.M with respect to a uniformly accelerating frame.
- E.O.M with respect to a uniformly rotating frame - Centrifugal and Coriolis forces.
- Laws of Physics in a laboratory on the surface of the earth.
- Classical Mechanics and General Properties of Matter - S.N. Maiti and D.P. Raychaudhuri.
- General Properties of Matter - Sengupta Chatterjee.
- General Properties of Matter - D.S. Mathur.
- Feynman Lectures in Physics (Vol.1 & 2).
- The Finite Volume Method in Computational Fluid Dynamics - F. Moukalled, L. Mangani & M. Darwish.
- Fluid Mechanics (Vol.6) & Theory of Elasticity (Vol.7) - L.D. Landau & E.M. Lifshitz.
- An Introduction to Mechanics - D. Kleppner, R.J. Kolenkow.
- Mechanics - Berkeley Physics (Vol.1) - C.Kittel, W.Knight et.al.
- Physics - Resnick, Halliday and Walker.